Can anyone help with my stalling problem?

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 11 1999 - 14:49:37 EDT

  I was driving to the track on Wednesday, and as I got off an exit ramp,
and coasted into a tollbooth, the engine died and wouldn't start. Pushed it
to the side, checked for spark at the coil, hit the test port and fuel came
out, so I pulled a couple of plug wires and cranked the engine to check for
spark there when the engine wanted to start. So I put the wires back, fired
up the engine, drove about a mile to get some gas (filled from about 1/8 to
1/2 tank, and kept going. (probably not a good idea? but I hadn't been to
the track in a LONG time.) :-) Got almost 1/2 way there, going up a hill,
and the engine quit again. Didn't want to start; a couple of times it did
start but died when I tried to give it gas. I rolled back off the hill,
ate a couple of burgers that I had just got and were gettin' cold, started it
again, did a U-turn, and it died. I popped the hood to re-check all the
electrical connections, waited a bit longer, started it, and drove to a dodge
dealer. They were closed and after getting the runaround with AAA and such
(to make a long story short) I called home, told the folks my route, and
said if I wasn't home in an hour to come lookin'. :-) It ran like a top
all the way home. (about 50-60mins)

  As I was cranking it on the hill, I got a "ignition coil primary/secondary
circuit malfunction". I'm not sure if that was from testing for spark earlier,
or if my coil is really going. (The MIL isn't lit, but the code is stored.)
  Seems to me that this problem sounds more like a fuel pump going; I dunno.
:-P The dealer can't get to it until next Friday; he suggested I put a bottle
of injector cleaner in there and call him on Monday.

  It was a very hot day, and the plug wires and such were very hot, although
the engine coolant temp stayed around 185.

  Any ideas?

  I'd be happy to provide more details if you need 'em.

Thanks!! (I sure hope I can get this resolved before the 19th for the
London, ON meet! Otherwise I might have to come up in some other vehicle,
or not at all.) :-(

                                              -Jon-