Re: RT vs Tundra

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Fri Jun 11 1999 - 00:50:50 EDT

Hey Ryan,

Did I ever say anything wrong about the '97 Daks....nope. Hell, I own one.
(Yeah, it had "BETA" bugs, but that just goes with a new line/model.)

I agree, Dodge has been making trucks for a long time...but so has Chevy,
Ford, Toyota, and Nissan/Datsun. Do I think that they make a slightly
better truck? In some areas yes. For brute power and overall "Truckiness",
god no. When I was looking for a new truck, I looked at Ford (dropped that
one real quick), Chevy (had a speed limiter set at 96mph and the biggest V6
was still slower than the Dak 3.9), Toyota (Tacoma...sheetmetal was to
flimsy), and Dodge (you guess which one I picked.)

I've had three major problems with the truck since day one (3/97): Alignment
was off from the factory, the Transmission blew up (oops), and an Ignition
problem (another oops). All were taken care of rather quickly and I have no
complaints about the way it was handled.

Go ahead and stay on your soapbox for a while...it makes ya a better target
for those arrows...heheheh...

Regards,

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
'97 Dakota SLT/CC
bernd@texas.net
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd/Dakota.htm
ICQ#: 39320084

BTW: My license plate frame clearly states: "Don't follow me...I'm trolling
for Toyotas"