Speaker hummmmmmmm

From: Tim Eickman (teickman@michaudcooley.com)
Date: Fri Jun 11 1999 - 12:43:39 EDT

Hi all,
        Well I was on my way home a couple of days ago and had the
radio on a moderate volume, and the bass was maxed on the eq.
All of a sudden I hear this really loud hum...I tried turning the
volume down but it didn't go off. I ended up having to shut off the
radio and then turn it back on. Ever since then the front speakers
will hum if there is any sort of bass. Question is: Did I blow the
fronts or is a problem with the head unit, or is it something else? It
should be covered by warranty...right?

Deprived of bass,

Tim Eickman
99 CC 318 Auto 4X4 SLT+