RE: RE: mp3 players in Daks Was: Booted the Console

From: Alberto Aguirre (bluedoberman@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jun 11 1999 - 10:55:55 EDT

 I can't answer your question but what I will do is raise another
question. Upon speaking to a co-worker of mine he brought up the issue
of temperature. The processor itself produces heat and the interior of
a car can be extremely hot.
    Now I am not familiar with other installs of MP3 Players but I do
have a friend who is pursuing the project. Except his machine is a
destop case 166mhz with 16 mB of ram , which is what he said was the
minimum req for the software he is using.
    Do you think he should go the way of the laptop? and also should
the system be removable due to temperatures inside of a vehicle. I
also read about a Clarion stereo that runs winCE and can have a loptop
plugged into it for navigational systems phone number data base and
such. You thimk maybe that could be incorporated?