RE: clear lenses

From: SmokinDakota (smokindakota@email.msn.com)
Date: Fri Jun 11 1999 - 20:48:52 EDT

$164?!? That seems kinda steep just for the rears. I think you could have
gotten both front and rear for around $190. As far as the law goes, it
differs from state to state, but in Cali it is illegal. My sister had them
on her Civic and she got a fix-it ticket for them. If you look in most
magazines, the places that sell them usually have fine print saying they are
for "offroad and show use only". This will attract attention to your truck,
so if you don't like the attention then don't install them. After all, how
many Dakotas do you see driving around with clear taillights. I see tons of
Cheebies and a couple of Ford trucks, but have yet to see a Dak or Ram
cruizin' around town with clears. As for the front markers, my understanding
is as long as you have the orange bulbs in there it is legal, but if you
really want to know, CALL your local DMV or Highway Patrol.

Steven 2me
http://www.smokindakota.com
AOL IM = SmknDakTrk