Off Topic Mechanic Question

From: Bob Nichols (bnich@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Sat Jun 12 1999 - 11:08:58 EDT

Hey guys Sorry about the off topic, I'm trying to help my son solve a
problem with
his Toyota. Its running hot, only when you stand still for about 10 - 15
minutes.
We changed the Thermostat, it was OK. We checked the timming, it was off
7 degrees but still no luck. Even when the gauge goes up the car doesn't
overheat or ping but it is consistant with standing still every time. My
question, I'm thinking it might be the fan coupling/clutch.... Will I do
any damage if I jam it somehow so it does't slip? or take off the clutch
and direct mount a flex fan with an extension to make up the clutch
space? Anyone done this?
Thanks for any ideas / help
Regards,
Bob

--
Lowered 1998 Metalic Red Extended Cab
Western Chassis 2/4" Drop, Gibson Cat Back, Lund Roll Pan, Sport Masters