Re: Remote starter not working after MSD install

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 14 1999 - 00:52:02 EDT

<< I'd have to believe MSD has some kind of support, you might give them
 a call or drop them an email. I'm sure there's an alternative wiring
solution
 for your setup. If you draw it up, I'll look at it for you and if I can't
 help I have resources that can.. >>

Here is my setup prior to adding the MSD 6470:
White wire from remote started going into(tapping into) gray coil wire about
5 inches from the coil's connector

With the MSD 6470 and 8873(MSD's Universal Wiring Kit):
The original(factory) dark green/orange coil wire gets connected into the MSD
red wire and the original(factory) gray wire gets connected into the MSD
white wire. So the factory gray becomes MSD white and the factory orange
becomes MSD red. From there, the MSD red wire gets connected to the MSD
ignition(6470) box's red wire and the MSD white wire gets connected to the
MSD ignition(6470) box's white wire. Then from the coil end, the factory
original coil's gray wire gets connected to and becomes the MSD black wire
and the factory original coil's orange/green wires gets connected to and
becomes the MSD orange wire. From there the MSD black wire gets connected to
the MSD ignition(6470) box's black wire and the MSD orange wire gets
connected to the MSD ignition(6470) orange wire. Of course, the 6470 also
gets wired into the battery, both positive and negative.

Like I said, my remote started worked before this mod and the white wire was
the ONLY wire I had to unsolder from the coil's gray wire. Hope this made
some sense; if this was toooo complicated, check out the instructions on
their web page:
http://www.msdignition.com/home.htm
Any idea on where to tap the remote starter's white wire into??? Already
tried to tap into the gray wire, with no luck. Thanks.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6