Re: First Mopar - same old questions

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@icc.vitelcom.net)
Date: Mon Jun 14 1999 - 14:47:29 EDT

Tony,
I think you expected too much from the 318. It's a great engine and it puts
out a good amount of power and torque. However, you picked a very heavy
truck and have since added more weight to it. You're right about needing
torque more than hp, and most of the bolt on mods don't really give much
torque. Supercharging would be great but $$$$.
What is your gear ratio? Going to steeper gears is probably the best
solution to your problem. It will definately improve acceleration,
transmission response and probably gas mileage too. Too bad you'll have to
change 2 sets of gears. Going to taller tires will make the problem worse.
Dr. Pat

----------
>From: "Angelo, Tony" <Tony_Angelo@afcc.com>
>To: "'dakota-truck@buffnet.net'" <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
>Subject: DML: First Mopar - same old questions
>Date: Mon, Jun 14, 1999, 4:44 PM
>

> I replaced my built '77 Blazer 4X4 with a '99 CC 5.2 4X4, and so far the
> jury's still out. It's no doubt the best looking truck out there, but, man,
> it gets worse mileage than the Blazer and it just can't seem to get out of
> its own way. I expected more from the 318. And the transmission sucks.
> Period.
snip
 I want torque over hp - not much chance to run all out
> around here, but I'd like to get to 60 in the same week.
snip
 Sorry this is so long - us Mopar