Re: First Mopar - same old questions

From: Bob H (torch@triplet.net)
Date: Mon Jun 14 1999 - 22:19:38 EDT

>computer) to dial in bigger tires and a cooler stat. Been seeing lots on
>fans lately. Anyone have the Black Magic? I don't like the dual 12"
>mounting to the radiator, I've had problems with those before - I like the
>Magic's bracket. Read one guy who's been having flaky cooling with a 180
>stat? Anyone else having that problem? Sorry this is so long - us Mopar
>newbies have lots of questions...
>

>Tony Angelo
>'99 Sport, CC, 4X4, Bed Rail/Light Bar, Grill/Brush Guard, 5.5" Tuff Country
>Lift, soon to be 33" Goodyear MTs on the stock wheels (love that power
>coat!!)
>

>Tony,

Welcome and will answer the fan question. I talked extensively with
Flex-a-lite rep via e-mail. The Black Magic was my choice until he told me
no, you need 70% fan on the radiator area to be effective. The M210 dual
12" puts 70.5% on the radiator, while the Black Magic puts in the low 50s,
I forgot the exact #, but it was not even close. My engineer son figured
this out for me. I am very satisfied with the cooling of the twin fans with
and without the a/c on in temps in the high 90s here already and not even
reached the midway pt on the gage.
Leach headers, I feel better after Bob's reply to my post, which you
probably saw, makes sense to me and they look so darn good in the engine
area! But my first mod would be the fan install.

Bob Hardt
Aiken,SC
99 Black Dakota CC 5.2 Auto, Leach headers, Flex-A-Lite dual 12" fans,
Quick D intake, 180 stat