mike d.'s rant: am I wasting my time and money???!?!?!! (long)

From: Mike D. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Tue Jun 15 1999 - 02:55:05 EDT

okay guys, this is getting downright depressing...

I got spanked 3 times in two days!
Once by a STOCK full size Chevy 4x4 Shortbox... she got the jump on me
and I spent the whole time catching up (havin' no low-end torque didn't
help much). Next, I got stomped by a 6er Firebird... and Imean STOMPED...
I'm wondering if he was runnin' some kind of huffer or something because
I can usually hang with those Bozos... Then, just now, I got spanked good
by a new Dak 6er longbed! He just walked away, I had no hope of catchin'
this dude! So, here is my thing: I've dumped close to a thousand dollars
into my dak trying to make it run strong and get some power out of it,
and here I am losing to STOCK vehicles. If this throttle body thing
doesn't do much to help, (if it does anything at all) I'm givin' up...
I'm so damn tired of sinkin' so much time, effort, money, and myself into
this truck that is still a dog. The thing that really sucks is that the
88 is the oddball of the premags. The 88 has a different TB, different
computer, different injectors so there is almost nothing available for
it. I have had minimal success with attempting to mod my truck, and the
results I do get are also minimal. I've got Headers, exhaust, and intake
mods and STILL run 18's!!!! &*%$$%!!!!!! I don't wanna sink another 3 or
4 hundred bucks into this truck only to maybe get into the 16's so I can
only HANG with newer stock trucks.. I don't think so... This is so
f*ckin' frustrating! I love my dak, but this is gettin ridiculous.. it
was a labor of love, now it's just a hassle... I don't wanna get rid of
it, and I can't afford to get something new(er) right now, but I just
wanna' blow the thing up sometimes when I lose to a friggin' Dog ass
Chevy! It's gettin' to the point where I don't even like to drive it
because I know I'll get spanked by some kid on a moped or something. I'm
gonna' toss the 3" Flowmaster in favor of a 2.5 Borla, get this TB
ported, and try a JET for an 89 to see if it'll work. If I don't see
improvement, anyone wanna buy an 88 dak?

=(

someone throw me a bone here

-mike "where's the leash for my Dak?" d.

miggitymike@juno.com
88 6er, LE, 3.55, Slush-o-matic, Edelbrock Headers, Flowmaster, TekStyle
Tonneau, 14x3 K&N,
Daytona bucket seats, Magnecor wires, soon to be slammed.......
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/1133 <or>
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf
                          "It's not a 'little V6', it's just
cylindrically challenged"