Re: Score one for anti-spam (No Dak content)

From: Brian Duncan (brian@efogm.msd.ray.com)
Date: Wed Jun 16 1999 - 10:58:27 EDT

Hey Jon,

Nothing would prevent someone from getting on the list (takes about 10
mins), sending email to majordomo for a list of all the members in
digest and non-digest mode and then unsubscribing!! That's easy for
anyone to do. I think that majordomo needs to be changed to not allow
anyone to get a full list of members' email addresses. The list I got
had everyone's email address with no names, addresses or anything. So
really, what good would the list do for anyone EXCEPT for spammers? Some
email addresses are so cryptic, you wouldn't know who it was anyways if
you were looking for someone in particular since no names are listed
with the email addresses.

IMHO...

--
Brian D.