Off topic posts

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 16 1999 - 11:17:59 EDT

  I have to agree with the sentiments of several of the DMLers that
have spoken up about the recent off topic posts. I don't mind so much
if a topic evolves into something non-dakota or non-DML, but when it
does, please take it to private e-mail rather than dragging it out
to a tortured demise on the list. :-)

  Usually the off-topic stuff dies off rather quickly, but recently
it seems its living longer than usual. Just a reminder to stop and
think for a second about the mail you send to the DML... If its
not related to the DML, dakotas, etc. in some way, then please use
private e-mail to respond directly to the author. (Or if there were
a few people talking about the subject on the list when it evolved,
you might want to CC them if you think they'd be interested.)

  Thanks!

                                              -Jon-