Re: Ram air setups (long)

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Jun 17 1999 - 13:29:14 EDT

A Phenolic Block is a non-metallic (and heat resistant) spacer that is used
to isolate the carb/tb from the intake manifold. Sometimes, they even came
with a flat metal plate in the middle that helped dissipate the heat (Old
Spreadbores used to use this...it helped a little.)

Trick-Flow Specialties makes them for the Ford EFI systems, Bill Kuhlman
has them for NOS setups, and Summit has them for the Holley systems. Since
our TB's still have a Carb-like intake opening, maybe something can be
modified.

I haven't heard anything about a Valley Pan (or aftermarket at that)
specifically for the Dakota's...anyone else know anything about them??