Re: dakota HANDLING

From: michael crotty (michael.crotty@m.cc.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 17 1999 - 15:50:50 EDT

Hi again,

First thanks for your opinions. Bernd, Mike D., and mrdancer all made
a pretty good set of recommends.

Bernd and Mike D. both asked if I have a 4x4. Yup. I have taken it off
road and have to say it handles beautifully in dirt. (anyone cleared
elephant hill in one of these things? stock?) It's my only vehicle
though and I need it to do everything. I think the stock lift is about
right with the 31's, a pretty good compromise between clearance and
control. I'd like to push the handling a hair towards the highway side,
not too far.

It is under warranty, and I was thinking the torsion bars would look
stock, even to a mechanic. But, on the advice of the list, I'm not going
to mess with the springs until after I've at least replaced the shocks. It
will probably take me a year to do the reasearch and decide on a
replacement shock. When I get them installed I'll post a report.

thanks again,
mike

michael.crotty@m.cc.utah.edu