Re: Re: dakota HANDLING

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Thu Jun 17 1999 - 21:34:08 EDT

One other thing you might consider. Pick up another set of rims and put
some high-performance soft-rubber low-profile tires on them to run on the
street. When you head for the hills on the weekend, just switch back to
your stock rims with tall rubber.

With the perf. tires, if you maintain the same size wheel and have shorter
sidewalls, you will also be lowering the truck. This will mess up your
speedo, but there is a cheap fix that I'm working on right now. It involves
using a bicycle computer (don't laugh - it works, has trip computer
functions, is more accurate than the factory speedo, and costs less than
$30). I'm waiting on the bike shop with a backordered part, soon as I get
the system installed, I'll do a write-up for the DML. There's really only 2
disadvantages: 1) there's no backlight, so you can't see it at night unless
you rig up a little maplight or something, and 2) with smaller tires, your
factory odometer will be rolling up miles a little quicker, if that's a
concern for you.

'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate