Re: Re: dakota HANDLING

From: Mike D. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Thu Jun 17 1999 - 17:58:07 EDT

The Dakota is VERY offroad worthy from what I've heard.. (I own a 2x)...
I've heard good things about the Rancho and the Trailmaster shocks. Kyle
(grndak4x4 is his e-mail) has tried quite a few different shocks, so he
may just be the dude in the know about them...

Kyle?
care to elaborate? =)

-mike d.

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 13:50:50 -0600 (MDT) michael crotty
<michael.crotty@m.cc.utah.edu> writes:

>Hi again,
>
>First thanks for your opinions. Bernd, Mike D., and mrdancer all made
>a pretty good set of recommends.
>
>Bernd and Mike D. both asked if I have a 4x4. Yup. I have taken it
>off
>road and have to say it handles beautifully in dirt. (anyone cleared
>elephant hill in one of these things? stock?) It's my only vehicle
>though and I need it to do everything. I think the stock lift is
>about
>right with the 31's, a pretty good compromise between clearance and
>control. I'd like to push the handling a hair towards the highway
>side,
>not too far.
>
>It is under warranty, and I was thinking the torsion bars would look
>stock, even to a mechanic. But, on the advice of the list, I'm not
>going
>to mess with the springs until after I've at least replaced the
>shocks. It
>will probably take me a year to do the reasearch and decide on a
>replacement shock. When I get them installed I'll post a report.
>
>thanks again,
>mike
>
>michael.crotty@m.cc.utah.edu

miggitymike@juno.com
88 6er, LE, 3.55, Slush-o-matic, Edelbrock Headers, Flowmaster, TekStyle
Tonneau, 14x3 K&N,
Daytona bucket seats, Magnecor wires, soon to be slammed.......
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/1133 <or>
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf
                                              "blah blah blah..."