Cowl hood sources

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Jun 18 1999 - 07:26:30 EDT

Here are two sources for cowl hoods.

AAR makes a cowl hood for '97-99 Daks. It's a fiberglass hood for $379.
They are located in Cocoa, FL. (407)-638-0961. I don't think they have
a web site.

Reflexxion Automotive in Nashville is manufactures an all steel cowl
hood for the '97+ DAKS. Their web site is at:
        http://www.reflexxion.com/

Prestigious Accessories Inc.
All of Prestigious Accessories steel cowl induction hoods are on SALE for
$399.00.
F.O.B. Tyler, Texas, No other Discounts apply. Call 1-800-288-2093 to get
yours today.
    http://www.prestigious1.com/Cowl%20Induction%20Hoods%201.htm
I believe that the ones that Prestigious Accessories Inc. carry are the
Reflexxions.

Godfather Customs, 3429 Covington Hwy., Decatur, GA. 30032, 1-800-231-1101
also
has the Reflexxion steel cowl hoods for $399.
   www.Godfather-Customs.com

You can see a picture of the Reflexxion hood for the 97-99 Dakota/Durango
in the
Aug. '99 issue of Truckin' on page 63. More importantly, it also shows a
picture
of the cowl from the windshield side.

I've been looking for the Reflexxion cowl hood for some time but have never
been able to see a picture of it. IMHO that steel is the way to go because
of the all steel OEM style undercarriage (durability and longevity).

I'm sure there are other companies advertising in the truck mags.

I'd be interested in any feedback if anyone decides to look into or buy
the Reflexxion hood.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto., 4x2