Re: New Rims & Pepboys Frustration

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Jun 18 1999 - 21:03:31 EDT

At 07:07 PM 6/18/99 -0500, you wrote:
>OK, anybody know? On these painted steel alloy rims, do I put a coat of wax
>on the rims right away? Is it a good idea or bad idea to wax the inside of
>the rim and the bead area??

I would put a sealant-type protectant on first. I use a product called
Illuminate (I don't know if it's available in U.S.). Then I would put
on a wax. You could put a coat on the inside of the rim but don't do
the bead area ... the tire may not seal properly.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto., 4x2, flame red