RE: Mopar Nationals at St. Thomas, Ont.

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Sun Jun 20 1999 - 11:30:06 EDT

> I don't know if June 19 was a jinx day for the DMLers or not.
>
> Jason's and Norah's Dakota blew a water pump about half way
> to the meet from Toronto. Hope no other damage.

Shouldn't be. What bothers me is that I was listening to a bit of a noise
that I didn't recognize for the past week. Since I couldn't figure out what
it was, I let Jon borrow the white Dak anyway, and it died on him. Really
helpful.

What *really* bothers me is that the very first time I heard that noise was
the very first time I started it in the dealer parking lot after having the
oil changed last Saturday. I was hoping that it was just because they
decided to use 5W30 oil in it instead of the 10W30 that I usually use.

Does anyone know if it would be possible for our crooked dealer to somehow
sabotage a water pump to self-destruct in one week (about 300 miles)? Right
now, I'm holding a hard-line stand against ever going back there, they seem
to piss me off more every time. I know it was almost certainly coincidence,
but I can't help wonder.

> Eddie and Lisa Estoppey, on the way home from the meet, was
> beside a 16-wheeler when the truck blew a tire. I was behind
> but not within the sight and had to drive carefully through
> all the shredded tire pieces. Stopped and was relieved
> that Eddie and Lisa were not injured and that their Dakota
> sustained no damage.

Thank goodness that there was no damage to people or machine. Was this on
the 401? I think we saw the pieces of that tire. I remember commenting
that I sure was glad that I wasn't there when it happened.

> I ran against a RC R/T in the semi-final elimination round
> but had to back off twice because of valve float.

Pardon my ignorance, but what's valve float?

Were you going to post your exact times for everyone's reference? I know
you got eliminated, but hopefully you had a good day anyway. I know we had
a great time.

Jason Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Toronto, Ontario
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg. Cab V6/3.9L/5spd
current: '98 Dakota Sport black 4x4 Club Cab V8/5.2L/Auto
RIP: '95 Dakota Sport black 4x2 Club Cab V6/3.9L/Auto