Mopar Nationals at St. Thomas, Ont.

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Jun 20 1999 - 10:49:04 EDT

I don't know if June 19 was a jinx day for the DMLers or not.

Jason's and Norah's Dakota blew a water pump about half way
to the meet from Toronto. Hope no other damage.

Eddie and Lisa Estoppey, on the way home from the meet, was
beside a 16-wheeler when the truck blew a tire. I was behind
but not within the sight and had to drive carefully through
all the shredded tire pieces. Stopped and was relieved
that Eddie and Lisa were not injured and that their Dakota
sustained no damage.

I ran against a RC R/T in the semi-final elimination round
but had to back off twice because of valve float. Apparently,
I did manage to entertain everyone with a smoky burnout (got
cheers, applause but no standing ovation). Jon, didn't you
write once that you had a hard time spinning those BFG drag
radials? Also got the water and tire mixture on top of the tonneau
cover and up to the front doors. Also missing quite a bit of tread
on the drag radials.

I did not manage to spread the word about the DML to quite a few
Dak owners who stopped to talk with me.

Really glad to see everyone again.

Dak content: where are my valve springs and where is my F&B TB?

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto., 4x2, flame red