foglight theories

From: Boss (bossdw@bitwisesystems.com)
Date: Mon Jun 21 1999 - 03:42:20 EDT

I was wondering if anyone had any insight, why dodge wired their
foglights this way. I have a new 99 and if I have my foglights on with
my low beams everything is fine. When I flip to high beams the fog
lights shut off. This seems backwards to me. I know in Illinois if you
have foglights on and your low beams it is considered high beams.
(Which I have been pulled over for) When you flip you high beams on it
is usually, because you want more light and you are on the open road, so
why don't they let them stay on. The reason I wonder about this is
because I live in a rural area with a lot deer and my foglights have
saved me from hitting many a deer.

I really don't care about a solution, since I plan on removing the
factory foglights and putting a set of PIAAs. I just wondered what
other people's thoughts were.

thanks

--
Derek Boss