Re: Mopar Nationals at St. Thomas, Ont.

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sun Jun 20 1999 - 22:03:25 EDT

In a message dated 6/20/99 10:55:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tigers@bserv.com writes:

<< I ran against a RC R/T in the semi-final elimination round
 but had to back off twice because of valve float. Apparently,
 I did manage to entertain everyone with a smoky burnout (got
 cheers, applause but no standing ovation). Jon, didn't you
 write once that you had a hard time spinning those BFG drag
 radials? Also got the water and tire mixture on top of the tonneau
 cover and up to the front doors. Also missing quite a bit of tread
 on the drag radials.

Bob

How many RPM were you turning when you think you had valve float ?? I don't
think you could float the valves any where below the rev limiter, even with
the MP computer higher rev limiter unless you have a different cam than stock
?? Also the last info I read on the BFG's is that the recommendation was to
go around the water and just do a couple of dry hops to clean the treads.
Originally they recommended enough spin to just start smoke then quit but
later changed that as the tires were beading up and were actually losing
traction because of that. I know my first set I used to just get smoke and
they were beading up and wouldn't bite very well occasionally .

<<Dak content: where are my valve springs and where is my F&B TB?>>

The last ship date on my valve springs was June 3rd but no springs and no
replys to my e-mails. I sent a e-mail friday and told them if they had not
been shipped or were not in stock ready to ship immediately then to cancel
the order. I'll tell ya I've been to 12 county fairs, 4 church socials, 6
graduation parties and 1 weiner roast and I swear I have never seen anything
as worthless as Mopar Performance Parts. Lots of luck with your springs and
let me know if you ever get them :-) Now the TB that should be a coming soon
I would think..

Bill