Re: RE: More TBI stuff...

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Jun 22 1999 - 16:37:45 EDT

>I left the mini stacks (or whatever they're called) in place because I
>beleive they'd help the air get into a column before entering the engine. (A
>less turbulent flow should mean more power :)
>
>FWIW - I can remove the horns while the TB is in the mill, it only takes an
>extra few minutes of programming to remove the horns and bring a radius
>cutter in there and re-radius the throttle bores simlar to what some list
>members have done. The only thing is - does it work?
>
>Need a flowbench for these answers....

Less turbulent...with or without the "stacks" ? One would think that there
would be less turbulence without them...Holley, Barry Grant, & The
Carburetor Shop all use this method. Even back in the "old days" of highly
modified carburetors, the tops (choke tower) were always removed/milled and
radiused for a smoother (less turbulent) airflow.

$.02

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd/Dakota.htm