Re: VIN # registry

From: Alberto Aguirre (bluedoberman@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 23 1999 - 16:55:41 EDT

I think it's a good idea 'except for the fact that with so many Daks
made over each year, it would be great luck if a fellow DML member had
a Dak right next to or even close to anyone elses dak vin#. Why are
people so hesitant? Can the release of that info be used in a negative
manner? I'm down for the idea though. What does everyone else think?
--- stevie.o@excite.com wrote:

> Hey
> Anyone interested in creating a VIN # regisrty?
> Jon?
> All this talk about defective brake rotors, other
> little quirks our daks
> have.
> I think this would serve all DML members, and
> non memebers (could
> charge them a search fee?) if we were to all
> register our Vin# in
> consevutive order along with all our "problems" (
> bad gas milage=wrong
> gaped plugs / poping bed sounds=bad welds /
> warpped brake rotors )
> I would love to know the $1200.00 not covered
> under warrenty repair,
> on the 4x4 that came off the line just before
> mine!!!!
> anybody?
>
> stevie.o@excite.com
> 99 SLT+4x4V8 (finally broke 15 mpg)

===
Alberto Aguirre
Black '98 5.2L v8 Dakota Sport CC
Mods:Dynomax catback exhaust with dual exits,Clarion cd player,Clear tail lights.....that's it so far more to come