VIN # registry

From: stevie.o@excite.com
Date: Mon Jun 28 1999 - 08:58:26 EDT

> Anyone interested in creating a VIN # regisrty?
> Jon?
> All this talk about defective brake rotors, other little
    quirks our daks
>have.
> I think this would serve all DML members, and non memebers
    (could
> charge them a search fee?) if we were to all register our
    Vin# in
>consevutive order along with all our "problems" ( bad gas
    milage=wrong
> gaped plugs / poping bed sounds=bad welds / warpped brake
    rotors )
> I would love to know the $1200.00 not covered under warrenty
     repair,
>on the 4x4 that came off the line just before mine!!!!
> anybody?

      I've never heard of a VIN registry. What sort of information
    would need
    to be stored? Would it just be the VIN number and a list of
    factory
    defects for that particular truck?

> a VIN # registry could just drop them in concecutive order, then we list
the factory defects that we have had fixed...
Again someone is talking about an rear axle that came from the feactory bad,
and the possible cause being the drug use at the Warren plant, well the drug
use is still there....... if we can prove defects in a concecutive run DC
must repay those allready charged and notify others that there is a
defect....

stevie.o@excite.com
99 SLT+ CC 4x4 V8
already had the alinement fixed to comp. for crooked wheel.....