Re: Electric Fans Please reply

From: RAS002@worldnet.att.net
Date: Fri Jun 25 1999 - 07:30:27 EDT

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999 12:09:37 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 02:13:50 EDT
>From: BlKV8Dkota@aol.com
>Subject: DML: Electric Fans Please reply
>
>I desperately want to change to an electric fan. I do a lot of stop and go
>city driving so keep that in mind. Jegs sells a permacool 14 inch fan that
>moves 2950 cfm of air draws amps and is only 3 3/4 inches thick. Would this
>fan provide me with enough cooling? Or would I overheat?
>
>Josh

  Curiousity got me to looking at my Impala SS - it has 2 electric
puller fans from the factory. Neither fan is shrouded at all, and both
are about 2" from the radiator. The small fan (12"?) comes on with the
A/C, and the larger fan (14"?) comes on at a preset temp (190?). The
car has a Hypertech 160 t'stat, and seldom runs over that. Sitting in
traffic with the A/C on runs it up to 200 at times, but driving will
pull it back down. Sorry for the ???, I'm at work and the car is
home... Just a different slant on the fans issue.

                Later,

                        Russ Selkirk

--
'96 Black Impala SS