RE: RE: CB's - Reach out and touch someone

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Sun Jun 27 1999 - 19:35:51 EDT

> Hi all,
> I'm new to DML, have a 94 Dak SLT CC 4x4 3.9L auto, stock steel chrome
> rims w/ 30 x 9.5 BFG AT's, 3.5 gears w/ fact limited slip, a Jeraco
> fiberglass cap, and lund intercepter bugshield.
> I bought the truck mainly for towing my bass boat, (1300 #), so the v6
> seemed like plenty of power at first because my previous truck was a 2.3L
> Ranger 5-speed, which was a real dog towing the boat, not to
> mention only 2wd.
> Now I'm getting greedy, I want to get more out of the 3.9,
> which is why I
> searched out a group like DML.
> Any good reliable mods for the 3.9 would be welcome.
> Also I have installed my old big rig radio, a Uniden PC76XL
> and a Wilson
> 4' ant.
>
> Thanks for any info I can get.
>
> Gardner

Welcome aboard! I have a 95 CC 4x2 v6 5spd. So far the mods that I've done
on mine is a K&N drop-in, removed the air dam in front of the air intake in
the grill, and a Dynomax Ultra-flo catback. Runs about as best as a 6'er
should... Got a couple of spanks under my belt for the effort (and a been
spanked a couple of times too...my fault...picked on someone way out of my
league). Next project is going to be a TB.. BTW I was under my truck today
changing the oil (and fighting with the filter), and noticed on the Y-pipe
what looks like a dent/crimp about halfway down on the drivers side... Is
this normal?? Judging from the looks of it, it has been there since at least
when the truck was built. Maybe headers and Y-pipe are in the future....And
my SO is bside me telling me that I'm insane for spending obsurd amounts of
money, because "it's just a dumb truck"...like I should be just spending it
on her... :-)

>>OUCH<<

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd