Re: RE: CB's - Reach out and touch someone

From: Killerdak@aol.com
Date: Sun Jun 27 1999 - 22:20:16 EDT

My antenna is mounted directly on my bedrail behind a toolbox. I ran the coax
into a hole drilled into the side of the body, above the gas cap area, but
under the rail so you can't really see it....down to under the truck and out
again...ran the coax along the inside of the frame, up into the cab via a
removable plastic knockout under the driver's side floorboards (pull up
carpet to see removable knockouts..., then the cable runs under the carpet to
the cb which is mounted on the floor on the hump between the seat and the
shifter, up through a little hole in the carpet. A near invisible
installation.

Note that any extra length in the coax should not be wound up as this makes a
signal "choke"...(at least that's what the Firestik rep told me...he was VERY
helpful on the phone) so I ran the extra couple feet of length that I had in
S-curves under the carpet, not overlapping. I STILL NEED TO TUNE the darned
thing with an SWR meter, however.

Dave Kilian
Clayton, NC
'96 Dakota CC Sport 4x4 3.9L 5-spd
Mods: 2" Rear spring lift, front T-bar crank, 30x9.50 BFG AT's, Brush guard
w/ Hellas, Tow hooks, Tool Box, Sunroof, Cobra 18 CB, 4' Firestik II, Alpine
6-disc CD Changer/Head Unit/amp, JBL speakers, Rhode Gear bike mount, and a
white dog named Jake in the passenger seat. 75,000+ miles.
To come: Custom-welded rock rails, 4" suspension lift, larger tires and
wheels:)