Re: Re: R/T list

From: Mike Williams (williams@kode.net)
Date: Sun Jun 27 1999 - 22:33:37 EDT

RAS002@worldnet.att.net wrote:
>> Hello DAKsters & Chad,
>
> No offense intended, but it took me less than a week to unsubscibe
> from the dakotaRT list. An extreme waste of bandwidth. Everyone
> posting in HTML, RE'ing entire digests, rambling on about silly things,
> etc. When you get digests with 30,000+ lines (1.2 megs) each day, it's
> difficult at best to spot useful info. Jon's digests are ~ 1500 lines
> each, and one may get 3 or so a day - much more managable. I'll stay
> here for now. I hate missing out on potential group buys, though.
>
> Later,
>
> Russ Selkirk

I was on the list then and was very close to unsubscribing
myself. It has calmed down a lot and is a pretty good list.
Although there is no sergeant at arm there are some of us that
try to keep things from getting out of hand. Niles has crack
down on some of the rules and kicked some people off the list.
In the beginning people would just tell Niles to unsubscribe me
please and didn't realize that they could unsubscribe themselves
though e-groups. I have to say that it is quite a bit different
than it was several months ago. Like with any new list it has
had its growing pains and is still having some but they are
getting worked out and I enjoy most of the post that I now read
on that list.

--
Mike Williams
99 Blk R/T CC