RE: Jet crapped out (continued)

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon Jun 28 1999 - 08:22:28 EDT

Ther is a flaw with the design of the Jet casing. (It's prone to failure if
you get any water on it.) I would send it back to Jet for a replacement
and, when it returns, run a thin coating around the seam(s) of the Jet
casing. (I had a similar problem but mine just
died...nothing...nada...zip.)

Motive-Gear and Richmond Gear both sell the 3.90 gears for about $250.00.