Re: IAT Discovery, New Location?

From: Jon Smith (jdsmith4@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 29 1999 - 11:31:57 EDT

GS,

I have thought about moving it into the airhat, not
that I need fuel enrichment. My reasoning is that by
moving the IAT off the intake manifold, the IAT temp
(therefore resistence) will be closer to what the
actual incoming air temp is. This may be more
beneficial to those running ram air and not sucking in
the hot underhood air.

One of these days when I think about it, I'm gonna get
a new IAT and mount in the cleaner housing, leaving
the stock one in place as a plug... Just a thought
though...

--- GS- <GSWillhite@ualr.edu> wrote:
> Looking through some of my old Mopar Muscle mags I
> came upon an article "Small-Block Big Power" in the
> June '98 issue. There Kenny Bell techs are
> installing
> a supercharger in a Durango. I noticed they moved
> the
> IAT sensor from the manifold and into the bottom
> front
> of the stock airhat. Fuel enrichment for the SC? I'm
> curious if this would be a good mod for LARGER TBs
> that
> have lean fuel problems. Obviously the sensor runs
> cooler
> in the airhat. This may be an alternative to
> inserting a
> resistor, but may cause a continuious rich
> condition???
>
> GS -
>
> 98 5.2L 5spd

===
Jon Smith -- Raleigh, NC
'95 CC SLT 4x4 318 auto (15.653@89.12)
MP comp, JBA headers, 8.5mm MSD wires, 14x3 FABM & SBBS, dual cat-back glasspacks, 180 degree thermo, spectre wire dividers, ASP underdrive crank pulley, Hayden 16" elec. fan
http://come.to/killbilly
ICQ # 9720504
IM: Fast4x4