Re: Attn: Supercharger owners....

From: Kevin Rankin (KevinRankin@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Jun 30 1999 - 22:29:47 EDT

At 08:56 PM 6/30/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Has anyone with a supercharger on their truck been into a Dodge dealer for
>service or warranty work? I am wondering what a dealership would think about
>a supercharger... I know all about the Magnus Mosson act but I have heard of
>a R/T owner that was denied warranty work because he had a supercharger.
>Please don't preach about the magnus mosson act as that is not what I am
>looking for... I am looking for what kind of response supercharger owners
>have gotten from the dealerships. Do they frown upon this? Do they give
you a
>hard time during warranty work? Thanks in advance.
>Charles
>Happy with my nitrous but thinking about a supercharger (to go with it....
>hee hee)

Basically, the dealership has to prove that the supercharger caused the
problem you are trying to have repaired. If you come in w/ low compression
on the cylinders, and they find holes in the pistons caused by "regular"
gas while using a supercharger (detonation), they will deny you the
warranty repair. If you have a suspension concern, which is totally
unrelated to the s/c, then they have to go pound sand and honor the warranty.

Kevin Rankin
KevinRankin@mindspring.com

"Out of the modem, through the server,
past the router, around the firewall,