Re: 180 Stat and stuff

From: Brian Duncan (brian@efogm.msd.ray.com)
Date: Fri Jul 02 1999 - 10:17:30 EDT

John,

Which 180 degree stat did you get? Do you have a brand name
(Robertshaw?) and part number. I have a '99 CC 4x4 5.2L.

Thanks,

--
Brian D.
     (_____

John Neff wrote: <snip> > On the way home from the dealer ship I stopped by Autozone and picked up a > 180 stat and a gasket. Total price $3.44. I installed the stat the next > morning when the truck was cool. The new gasket the dealership installed > wasn't baked in place yet so I didn't have to scrape it off, I just reused > it. The truck definitely runs cooler per the gauge on the dash and the power > difference is very noticeable on the highway. This is really kick ass! I > should have done this a long time ago. I don't know what if anything it did > to mileage, but I will know when I get back from vacation in about a week > and a half. <snip>