Road trip: (was Re: Finally got nailed !)

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jul 03 1999 - 11:58:23 EDT

Just thought I would drop a note from Phoenix.
Friday a SECOND Cobra 6700 arrived in the mail, from
an order I cancelled. So, I decided to keep if for my wife's truck
(she needs it!!), and brought both on our trip. One facing forward,
the other to the rear.
WHAT a combination!!! Even though the front detector was picking up
rear radar hits, the rear was more sensitive, and ANNOUNCED the type,
and strength of each hit. Had two front hits of more than a mile
coming over a rises on the front, that gave me plenty of time to slow
down. So far so good.

Temp 112 F. on the way over yesterday... ASP pulleys worked fine, with
H20 temps a little over 210 while waiting in line at Burger King (AC
on, 15 minutes of idle at 110 F.+).... Once on the road, temps below
210).

Average speed for 360 miles - 74.4 mile, fuel mileage 13.5 mpg... he
he...

Anyone in Phoenix???

Sam '99 RT x 2