RE: Road trip: (was Re: Finally got nailed !)

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jul 03 1999 - 17:07:49 EDT

--- "Bernd D. Ratsch" <bernd@texas.net> wrote:

> They can nail ya (on a long straightaway) from over
> a mile. Not saying that
> the CObra is bad (not at all), but the Jammers do
> help in those situations
> as well.
>
> Did you have to install a rear sensor? You had
> stated that the front was
> also detecting rear as well.

The 6700 is a 360 degree coverage unit (though probably not anywhere
near as good as the Valentine 1). I have 2- 6700's so I took the 2nd
one and mounted it on the rear window...one facing forward, and one
facing rearward. It seems that when there's a strong enough signal
(say 3 out of 5) the front detector will kick in with a warning, yet
the rear one was up to a 3 out 5 max reading. Great protection in my
book.

Sam '99 RT x 2