Re: brake pads

From: Jon Smith (jdsmith4@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 05 1999 - 23:50:10 EDT

I was told that Performance Friction didn't make them
for my dak... and I've also heard that
carbon-metallics make some nasty hard to clean dust on
your wheels.. Just food for thought, as I have no
experience FYI, the brake dust cleaning also came a
problem after a full day of racing at Sebring....

--- Mel Janousek <superskunk@mindspring.com> wrote:
> I'm not for sure, but I have been told that
> carbon-metallic pads stop great,
> but they will eat up your rotors pretty fast because
> of the metallic in them.
> That's what a good friend of mine who is a mechanic
> told me. Maybe someone is
> more familar with them, but until I hear more, I'm
> staying away from them.
>
> Terri Pryer wrote:
>
> > What kind should i get?

===