K&N GenII and FIPK

From: Kevin Hoegen (hoegen@kersur.net)
Date: Tue Jul 06 1999 - 15:42:31 EDT

I contacted K&N today and requested information on either of these kits. I
was informed that neither the GenII Performance Kit or the Fuel Injection
Perofrmance Kit (FIPK) are available for V6 Dakotas, they are currently only
produced for the V8s!! (I was assured though that there R&D department was
working on a kit for the V6s).

                        Wahhh!

Anyway I guess that narrows my Air Filtration Modification
options......looks like the good old $50 10" FABM setup for me.

By the way, I'm assuming that even though many of you have stated that the
performance drops when the temp rises (Using the 10" or 14"), that the
performance must still be better than the original "stock" air box
setup.....am I correct here?

Thanx again, and hopefully I can put this debate to bed...at least for my
Dak.

Kevin
99 Dak CC V6 Solar Yellow

....of course ya have to wonder if the V8 setup would work for my V6..Hmmm.
Anyone know?