Misc. subject opinions (sorry, long)

From: Ed Halterman (OLZNUT@webtv.net)
Date: Wed Jul 07 1999 - 00:52:48 EDT

    Hey all, have several comments on several things brought up on the
DML today. 1-what reason should I go MSD over Jacobs? Bernd, input??
Which MSD should I get?? '97 V-6. 2-I feel for the "Jacks'
Citaton" guy (forgot who) I have seen several CHP cruisers crash due to
officers' negligence, I'm not a cop, just my whole family is, and did
you notice when I wrote "never ticketed"? I didn't say "never pulled
over" (several times on that one!) I just think it helps to let the
officer know who he's dealing with now, and might be answering to in the
near future :-) Don't get me wrong, I am the one who goes 75-80 on the
freeway anyways, and I don't remember when 55 mph came about (too young)
but I do know that the limit is going back up to where it should be, but
not fast enough!! 3-never trust the gap on spark plugs that you
buy, always check the gap to be sure and double-check you're specs or
underhood decals (thanks Dad!)
4-My Dad also told me you should always use the additive in posi rears.
Learned that lesson in my first car, '66 Olds 442 W-30. Posi was
chatterin' and groanin' and jerkin' every time I made a turn at a slow
speed. The additive fixed it. (I was 16 then, gimmie a break, that was
10 years ago, I've learned alot since!) Thanks for your time and
patience. Had to do this, got alot of DML digests today (5).

   Take care y'all,
   Ed (waitin' for the next So Cal get-together!)