Nasty Cam and Stage I heads to ship this Week!

From: Andre Mauboussin (andrem@ticnet.com)
Date: Sat Jul 10 1999 - 10:27:35 EDT

Hello again everyone;
Sorry I've been so quiet on the list lately. I finally got a message
from Dave Hughes of Hughes engines that my stage one ported heads,
custom ground cam and timing set should ship this week(cam has the
following specs .512in .527ex duration 215in 220ex. lobe separation
112deg) The heads have special springs/lock/retainer set-up and are
quite a bit beefier than the MP set. Also, the B&F Stage II throttle
body should be here in a matter of days. These parts installed along
with some intake mods should spell certain doom for local Mudstains, the
new Lightning, ram-air Batmobiles and unsuspecting corvettes. I've have
waited long enough, soon the beatings will begin ;-). My performance
objective is mid to low 13s. I am in need of the factory service manual
(I've been told distributor line up can be a pain on the magnum engine).
I guess I will have to order one unless someone can send me the section
on cam R&R. I would appreciate any tips any of you may have on the cam
installation or anything regarding my proposed changes. I'm delighted to
read all the messages about everyone improving the performance of their
trucks to include all the latest parts and tricks. Best wishes to all.

PS Alan, did you make it to the night of fire(I couldn't)?
Andre

95 Dak Sport Reg cab SB 318 5spd 3:90 Sure Grip
14.5-14.60(Estimated. Truck ran consistent 14.7 before JBA header
install)