RE: Re: DML Please help

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Sun Jul 11 1999 - 16:15:52 EDT

Not to support the Tundra, but it's made in the USA by USA workers. Indiana
in fact.
Sure some parts will have origins outside the USA, but the Dakota is in the
same 'boat'
with 20-30% of the materials from other countries.

So don't throw the BUY AMERICAN card out there... It's more of what is
practical for the
person to purchase, insure, and what his Dad is willing go get. Been there,
done that.

Just the same argument re: people wanting to return their RT's because of
the towing issue.
People jump up and down and give those people grief for making a 'bad'
decision. I for one
will miss our YELLORT (CA. license), but am looking forward to have our
first 4 x 4 (actually
2nd, my CJ5 was a 4 x 4 but I only drove it 50 miles before I sold it)...
and besides,
I still have another RT...

So to the person who asked for help-- Look at all of the angles (price,
mpg, resale value,
capabilities, insurance costs, etc.), test drive both of the vehicles...
and don't purchase
anything on the first day. Compare notes on both vehicles that night, and
when you make
your decision, expect a little buyer's remorse-- for about 1-2 days. Either
way you'll find
that you have made a good choice, and you'll be satisfied that you did your
'homework' before
you decided.

Hope this helps!

Sam '99 RT 4x4 (he he)