Re: Annoying Hiss possibly: K&N FIltercharger?

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wt.net)
Date: Mon Jul 12 1999 - 01:32:01 EDT

The hiss comes from the AIS passages. That's why your hear it cycleing.
The compressor kicks on and the AIS compensates with more flow and bingo!
Hissssssssssss.

Trust me folks this is normal.....

The stock setup holds this noise inside the can. Put an open element on
there and the noise escapes. The filter is after all acustically
transparent, ie. it lets sound through.

Remove the filter and air intake and start it up with just a naked throttle
body showing. You'll hear the same sound.

It takes some getting used to but after a while you will no longer notice
it. (It will still be there, but you won't notice it)

---Mike, near Houston.--- http://www.mikesdakota.com
              '93 V8 4X2 MarkIII
Houston Area DML Meet Page
     http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/9221