RE: An OLD TRICK with AIR FILTERS

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Tue Jul 13 1999 - 06:25:35 EDT

A word of caution to anyone in a humid climate... evaporative coolers don't
work worth a tinker's damn when it's humid. Nobody in Toronto even knows
what one is, they don't even bother to try to sell them here. I moved here
from Salt Lake City (and even lived in the general Moab vicinity for a
couple of summers), so I've experienced both "dry heat" (here, drink a glass
of sand) and humidity (here, breathe a swamp). I can definitely vouch that
the evaporative cooler I used to spend so much time in front of would just
make things worse in the humidity.

I'll bet this trick works great in Vegas, though.

Jason Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Toronto, Ontario
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg. Cab V6/3.9L/5spd
current: '98 Dakota Sport black 4x4 Club Cab V8/5.2L/Auto
RIP: '95 Dakota Sport black 4x2 Club Cab V6/3.9L/Auto