Re: Stealth Fuel Filter Plus

From: Jon Smith (jdsmith4@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 13 1999 - 09:52:11 EDT

What year truck? My '95 is in the tank, though it
filters the gas as it enters the tank. My opinion is
that they did this to force 98% of owners to bring it
back to the dealer to have them change the filter..
It's all a giant left-winged conspiracy; now I must
go, the ATF is here, they are trying to burn the place
down :O

--- sam turner <sdt@telepath.com> wrote:
> Please, would one of you technical types please
> explain to me why Dodge
> put the fuel filter in the fuel tank instead of
> outside where a normal
> citizen could get to it for periodic change? My past
> experience with
> various vehicles causes me to believe that routine
> fuel filter change is
> one of the best moves against unpredictable engine
> failure. And for any
> of you Dodge factory types that may be reading
> this, I would also like
> to propose that you put a hand operated parking
> brake vice the current
> foot brake on sports/ performance vehicles. Also
> does anyone know if
> that trip resetting thingy on the instrument panel
> is suppose to work
> when you have an overhead console or does that
> electrical gizmo require
> the manual trip gauge resetter to be rendered non
> functional by design?
> Still a great truck! mamba

===
Jon Smith -- Raleigh, NC
'95 CC SLT 4x4 318 auto (15.653@89.12)
MP comp, JBA headers, 8.5mm MSD wires, 14x3 FABM & SBBS, dual cat-back glasspacks, 180 degree thermo, spectre wire dividers, ASP underdrive crank pulley, Hayden 16" elec. fan
http://come.to/killbilly
ICQ # 9720504
IM: Fast4x4