RT Towing Issue

From: durling@ibm.net
Date: Tue Jul 13 1999 - 14:46:53 EDT

I just want to say that I think you guys who have RT's are getting
screwed but I don't see why you want them to buy back your trucks. If
you like the truck then keep it. I have seen many lowed custom trucks on

the road and shows that still could tow their GVW. I am not saying that
DC doesn't have a point about safety but you should go after them and
point out that the aftermarket industry doesn't seem to have a problem
then why can't they fix it. I like the RT and I wish I could own one but

I wouldn't let DC give me crap after I bought the truck when the
aftermarket & custom rodder industry doesn't seem to have a problem.
Since there is so many of you have you thought about getting together
for a class action suit. I don't like suing people but you do have a
case and I think that they are just hoping it will go away quietly. And
remember, the last thing any company wants is publicity. Make your case
known get the media involved that is a very good persuader. I am not
trying to get flamed but trying to give some alternatives so you can get

some results and keep you trucks and be able to tow what you bought it
for. BTW, how much lower is the RT supposed to sit? I have seen a few
at the local dealer and I can't seem to notice it sitting lower next to
another 4x2 sport. If you look at just the RT the 17" wheels make it
look
lower but that is the only way to me. Maybe I need new glasses :0 Sorry
for the long post.

Jeff Durling
'96 RC Sport