RE: Differential Question

From: McKinney, John R. MHX (McKinJr@hpd.abbott.com)
Date: Wed Jul 14 1999 - 10:11:46 EDT

If you're a 2WD then just stick with the LSD, it's available now and you
won't have any driveability probs associated with lockers on the street
(binding, clunking and tire wear).

If you have a 4WD and you use it off road enough, go with the locker.
Depending on which rear end you have, you may have to wait a little bit.
Lock Right makes a locker now for the 9 1/4, but not the 8 1/4 yet. ARB
will have a unit in the future for the 9 1/4 (they don't know how long),
probably not the 8 1/4, and costs $700 to 800 with the locker and air
compressor.
And finally, Detroit will have a C-Locker out for the 9 1/4 out in late
august, so I can get rid of the Lock right!!!

John McKinney