Oil check observation

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Wed Jul 14 1999 - 13:06:32 EDT

I use a gas station that sits on a hilltop and it has driveways that
fall off with the land, not REAL steep, but definately a grade. So...
I'm filling up and I decide to check the oil.
The truck is sitting with the nose downhill, so I'm thinking, if
anything it'll read too much oil. It's a front dipstick with a rear
sump, so I figured the oil would slosh foreward and show to be too full.
It was just the opposite. It showed 1 quart low(rechecked 3 times), but
I didn't add any. I went home to level ground to recheck it.
It was full, as always.
No big deal, I just think it's strange. Alan S.