Re: Factory Alarm

From: Tibor Kun (tiborski@excite.com)
Date: Fri Jul 16 1999 - 23:01:29 EDT

>> Either way, as long as your invoice says alarm, you get the insurance
discount. Isn't this the only reason for an alarm? <<

Joe,

Don't shatter my comfortable fantasy that the stock alarm is also going to
protect my truck!

I can't remember what news show it was that I saw a few years ago, but they
employed a car thief to break into cars that they'd put security on. He got
into all but one, which was rigged with several devices. The news guy said
cockily "So this one would actually beat you, and you'd have to give up,
huh?" And the crook said "Well, actually, I'd be pissed and beat the crap
out of it!"

Doesn't exactly help one sleep at night, does it?

--
Tibor
'98 RC V6 5-spd red Sport