JET stage II for my premag

From: Mike D. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Sat Jul 17 1999 - 18:58:04 EDT

Well, I went ahead and ordered a Jet stage II for my 6er. It's for an 89,
and my truck is an 88, JET said it may or may not work. They told me that
if it fits the wiring harness, then it should work. Well, I installed it
Wednesday, and have drivin 190 miles since the install. I don't really
feel a difference, but I hadn't really driven the truck in a few weeks
and installed the JET Before I really got used to drvin' it again. I also
have yet to install the 180 stat, and I'm not runnin' premium gas. I'm
thinkin' I might feel difference once I change that stat and run Premium.
I also have a 2.5" Borla and High Flow cat layin' here that I need to get
installed. I tried to get it done on Thursday, but the shop that did my
current exhaust wanted 170 beans!!! I said "uuh... I'll get back to
you..." and left in a hurry. The funny thing about this premag is that
the Y-pipe collects to a 2" pipe, so they said they have to fab up
something to make the 2.5 converter and muffler fit on the end of the
Y-pipe... hmmm... I may just see if someone else can do it cheaper... I
really wanna' get this Flowmaster off my Dak!!

more later, I guess

-mike d.

miggitymike@juno.com
VERY Black 88 6er, Edelbrock Headers, Flowmaster, TekStyle Tonneau, 14x3
K&N,
Daytona bucket seats, Magnecor wires, JET stage II, soon to be
slammed.......
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/1133 <or>
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf
                                              "blah blah blah..."