Re: Re: MSD setup

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sat Jul 17 1999 - 21:16:03 EDT

In a message dated 7/16/99 6:28:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
BALLANDTEE@aol.com writes:

<< Is it worth it to put the MSD ign. on? I have a 97' V8, I was thinking
about
 it. >>

I have a 93 V8 and the answer on mine is NO. This has been thru the mill many
times and there is a lot of comment both ways but the MSD hurt my performance
both on road and racing. I lost .2 and 2 mph with it and gain it back without
it. I have tried this several times with the same results. I have also see
one and heard of another Dakota with similar results from Jacobs Pro Streets.
All my statements are based on info obtained running 1/4 mile runs at the
strip same night for both with and without and most noticeable place on the
road is a particular hill I drive on regularly where with the MSD I cannot
pull the hill without kicking out of OD even alone where as without MSD I can
pull the hill easily with 2 people and stay in OD.

There is a lot of info in the Archives and a lot of doubters of my claims but
I can prove them anytime and have many times at the strip, have they ??

Save your money :-)

Bill