Re: RE: To those of you with modified throttle bodies:

From: Chuck and/or Loreen (clrobbins@home.com)
Date: Mon Jul 19 1999 - 22:16:42 EDT

I totally agree with Terry on the craftsmanship of the Quick D
throttle body. As I mentioned in a previous email, it is obvious
that the person who worked on my V-6 TB had not only a
flare, but an obsession for detail. You can see what my Quick D
TB looks like by going to the TB section of my home page at
http://www.members.home.com/clrobbins/tbindex001.htm

As for performance, I don't have anything to measure improvements
by other than my butt dyno. However, I do know that throttle response
is the best I've seen on my Dak (stock and with a FABM), it pulls
through the gears with more oomph than before and so far it seems
that mpg has increased (it will be about another half tank before I can
get accurate numbers).

Bottom line is go with whomever you feel most comfortable with.
There probably isn't that great of a difference in performance
numbers between the "Big Three". I went with Tony's primarily
because of all the fine tuning done and also because no one
complained about how long it took to get his TB. I received mine in
ten days ... and that was including time lot for Fourth of July weekend.

Chuck in Cranston, RI
'99 Intense Blue Dak Sport, 2wd RC 3.9L 5 spd
DML digest mode

My Dak's page: http://www.members.home.com/clrobbins/dak01001.htm